I have been unavailable for the past couple of weeks and haven’t been able to post. But here is my contribution to Thomas MacEntee’s What I do meme:
* Hardware: Sony Vaio NW11S/S 15.5in Laptop
* External storage: USB drive
* Online storage: Google Documents
* Backup: Papers, Google Documents, USB drive
* Firewall: Dont know
* Virus protection: AVG
* Spyware: AVG
* File cleaner: None
* Printer: A faulty Epson that need’s fixing or dumping 😦
* Scanner: None but would love to buy one! Suggestions of any good ones?
* Phone: Landline, Sony Ericsson 580i
* Mobile media: Huh?
* Music player: Ipod
* Car audio: Don’t have a car!
* eBook Reader: None
* Browser: Mozilla Firefox
* Blog: Blogger
* RSS: Google reader
* FTP: Huh?
* Text editor: Microsoft Office 2007, Notepad
* Graphics: Nothing fancy, just Paint and Microsoft Office Picture Manager
* Screen capture: Snipping Tool
* Social media: Facebook, Twitter
* Social bookmarking: None
* Social profile: None
* URL shortener: bit.ly
* Office suite: Microsoft Office 2007
* E-mail: Windows Live, Yahoo
* Calendar: Google Calendar
* Accounting: Excel
* PDF generator: Adobe Acrobat
* Genealogy database: Legacy 7, Family Tree Builder
* Genealogy tools: None that I can think of
* Other tech stuff: Sony Cybershot camera
I feel I need to spend more time on ‘geeking up’ and learning how to use technological tools to help my research.